Here is how the pieces I modeled this week will fit together. One piece snugly receiving the magnets of the other with a gentle snap.
The future. Next will be the light mounted on the other side of the glasses. Much of this weeks Rhino time for me has been researching how to make your own LED flashlights. How to use Button cell Batteries. and taking measurements on parts. I now feel ready to model the light and the swivel it will sit on with a simple switch.
As I track my goals and initial drawings through to these final photographs, my project came out very similar to my initial intent. I wanted glasses that made the shop a better place, allowing me to have both a pencil and safety glasses perched behind my ear. More important then that goal, I wanted to experiment with rapid prototype printing and use its capability's to the max. Only in places where I learned a better way of doing something or when I became more ambitious (inclusion of the removable led flashlight) did my plans change. I am happy with the prints I got off and am excited to continue in my Rhino design. I think this free form project was an exciting close to a class so dense with learning.