Astronomy Senior Work Tutorial
This is the wiki page for the Senior Work in Astronomy tutorial. Links and general information can be put here, but see below for each person's individual page.
We meet on Tuesdays, 1pm-2pm in Dickinson 212. Below are our meetings for the rest of the term. We will fill in with a schedule as the term progresses.
- February 26: Introduction, Class Design
- March 4: Progress Discussion, One-on-One Meetings
- March 11: Paper Discussion - Alexa
- This is the paper we'll be reading.
- March 18: Class Cancelled
- March 25: Progress Discussion, One-on-one meetings
- April 2: Paper Discussion - Rebecca: http://arxiv.org/abs/1109.3104
- April 9: Class Cancelled
- April 16: Progress Discussion
- April 23:Discussion on Scientific Writing
- Hugh's ApJLetter: http://iopscience.iop.org/1538-4357/649/2/L75/pdf/1538-4357_649_2_L75.pdf
- Hugh's First Attempt at "Science Writing": http://faculty.bennington.edu/~hcrowl/1468_001.pdf
- April 30:
- May 7: Ally: http://arxiv.org/pdf/1101.0680.pdf
- May 14:Anisha:http://ebookbrowse.com/howell-1989-pasp-101-616-ccd-aperture-photometry-pdf-d73263511
- May 21: