American Theater Now
Back to Drama Research Guides
- Find your course reserves materials
- Instructions on accessing resources from off-campus
- Get some research assistance: contact a Librarian
- How to cite resources
- Help with avoiding plagiarism
Background and Reference Sources
- Drama criticism. Reference PN1601 .D59 v.1-18, library use only
- Contemporary dramatists. Reference PN1625 .V5 1993 , Library use only
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of Theatre and Performance. Reference PN2035 .O92 2003, library use only
- The Concise Oxford Companion to the Theatre **Not accessible off campus**
- The Oxford Companion to American Theatre / Gerald Bordman **Not accessible off campus**
- North American Theatre Online -- North American Theatre Online (NATO) is a major initiative to provide detailed reference information for every theatrical figure, every play, every theatre, every major production, and every production company, from Colonial times to the present, in both Canada and the United States.
- Credo Reference -- Credo Reference offers searchable access to 100 reference sources covering a range of subject areas.
- Crossett Library Catalog search for books on theater history.
- WorldCat -- Search for books and other materials that can be borrowed through Interlibrary Loan from libraries around the world.
- Contemporary American playwrights / Christopher Bigsby. Ebook: Click to view
- Local acts : community-based performance in the United States / Jan Cohen-Cruz. Ebook: Click to view
- The Routledge reader in politics and performance. Ebook: Click to view
Finding Articles and Reviews
- International Bibliography of Theatre & Dance -- Database of journal articles, books, and essays on dance, theatre and the performing arts.
- Academic Search Premier -- Multidisciplinary database containing full text articles for nearly 4,700 publications, as well as indexing and abstracts for 8,172 journals.
- INFOTRAC Expanded Academic ASAP -- Database covering social sciences, the humanities, science and technology, national news, and general interest magazine.
- WilsonSelect Plus -- Articles in science, humanities, education, and business.
- LexisNexis -- Good for finding current newspaper articles in full text.
- New York Times Historical -- Database of reproductions of every page from 1851 to 2003.
- Proquest Newspapers -- Provides full text of more than 500 U.S. and international news sources.